The Young Flute Player - Book 2 Student
The Young Flute Player
Want something to inspire your beginner flute students? Want a tutor book that has EVERYTHING you need to start playing the flute?
The Young Flute Player is a collection of 5 books containing comprehensive resources for teaching beginner players to master the flute. The books are perfect for either child or adult beginners and are user friendly, with easy to read notation, cartoon illustrations, music games and composition activities.
Some great news for The Young Flute Player books. There is now a YouTube channel with recordings of pieces from The Young Flute Player books which is a FREE resource for teachers and students to use.
There are recordings of pieces as they would be performed on flute and piano, or flute duet, flute solos, and separate piano accompaniments (with metronome count-in). The pieces are grouped in playlists according to the printed book they appear in, with Unit numbers or page numbers for easy reference.
Student Book 2 covers 1st and 2nd grade and includes:
- More advanced rhythms including dotted quavers and syncopated rhythms
- Time signatures 4/4, 3/4, 2/4, C, and 6/8
- Pitch range from D below staff to D above staff
- Scales - C major, G major, F major, D major, Bb major, A minor, E minor, D minor, B minor, G minor [all harmonic and melodic], F chromatic, D chromatic
- 47 exercises and studies including works by North, Köhler, Popp
- 58 pieces including works by Bach, Handel, Vivaldi, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Brahms, Joplin and many traditional tunes
- Includes 14 extended pieces, suitable for concert/exam performance
- 6 festive pieces
- Introduction of dynamics, accent, fermata, tempo markings, 1st and 2nd time endings, D.C. al Fine, trills
|Series||The Young Flute Player|
Table of Contents
- Introduction for the Teacher
- Fingering Charts
- Units 1 to 20
- Additional Studies
- Additional Concert Pieces
- Festive Music
- Scales and Arpeggios First Grade
- Scales and Arpeggios Second Grade
- Theory Reference Chart
- Italian Musical Terms
- Answers to Musical Puzzles
- Manuscript Paper
- Weekly Practice Charts